A true creator of concepts, and with the double experience of entrepreneurship & marketing, combined with a real passion for contemporary art, the 21 years old John Dodelande introduce the second boat of the limited editon line of yachts called RAL. Together with Xavier Veilhan, who did the on board sculpture – contemporary artists – and in association with Frauscher, one of the best European Shipyards, Dodelande is in a position to create a product of the highest quality with a twist of uniqueness which combines finest modern art and up to date yachting style.
RAL Sky Blue is the second boat limited edition nautical sculptures introduced on the art market and and sold on auction at the market value of the artist in late October 2010.
This monochrome nautical sculpture combines art and technical prowess. Frauscher yard and John Dodelande’s concept together again for the new limited edition boat RAL Sky Blue. This exceptional project marks the second time for Xavier Veilhan to design a functional object in sync with his aesthetic beliefs. This exceptional project marks the second time for Xavier Veilhan to design a functional object in sync with his aesthetic beliefs.
Dodelande inaugurated the first boat, RAL5015 with Xavier Veilhan. This important artist on the French market exhibited at the Château de Versailles in 2009, between Jeff Koons & Takashi Murakami, and he represented by the art gallery Emmanuel Perrotin. Ral-Frauscher is a limited edtion composed by 5 boats. Ral 5015 and Ral Sky Blu were the two first boats produced and have already joined private art collections in Europe. The first example, which is absolutely monochromic is inspired by the Blue Klein and was presented at Artcurial auction house last July, 2010. After an unexpected and unprecedented international press campaign Ral5015 has been exhibited during summer for 1 month at the “Rond point des champs Elysée in Paris”, later in Saint-Tropez and Monaco before being sold in auction on the 20th of July.
Public will be able to admire it again until the 20th of November in London at the International Fair of Contemporary art Frieze.
In 2011 John Dodelande & his financial partner Philippe Gellman & Harry Halfon (Boursorama.com co-founder) plan to renew the operation with an international famous artist, whose name will shortly be revealed.
Main features of RAL project
– First runabout yacht – sculpture line in the world with a real speed of 40 knots, limited edition of 5 monochrome pieces with a one-off sculpture on board
– Project by John Dodelande, young French entrepreneur, art passioned, in collaboration with Renault and Champagnes Chamarré
– Harry Halfon and Phlippe Gellman (Boursorama.com co-founder) are the financial partners of this project
– Auction sale by Artcurial, most important auction French company, price 180-200.000 euros
– Permanent exhibition in one of the most important Paris art galleries “Galerie Emmanuel Perrotin”
– “Le Requin – The Shark”, is the sculpture on board, one of top seller creation of artist Xavier Veilhan
– Frauscher European Powerboat of the year 2010 yard winner (its last motoryacht has been best european boat under 10 metres)
– Xavier Veilhan, one of the most quoted world contemporary artist. Great success with his last exhibition in Versailles royal palace end 2009
Photo: John Dodelande
Interview with John Dodelande
-When and why did you create this unique project?
J.D.: I created this project in September 2009, a period rich of a large number of art shows. Every year during September and October have place 4 great art and yacht shows: Frieze in London, FIAC in Paris, Cannes Boat Show and Monaco Yacht Show . The aim of my project was to find a legitimate link between the nautical and the art world. The boats are large projects on a technical level, and over the last years some of these has a design avant-gardist contents. Beyond design, the idea is to assign a state-of-the- art boat signed by an International artist in order to let the people have a all-brand new kind of investment. When you buy a boat you can resell it from 20 to 30% the year later. When you buy an art work at 100 you can resell it normally 150 a year later.
-What is the message of the second boat?
J.D.: The second boat conceived with Xavier Veilhan was made for an art-collector in Ibiza, Spain. The message of this blue sky is the boat moving stealthily between the blue sky and the sea in Ibiza.
-Is it different from the Ral 5015?
J.D.: Only the blue tone. We are declining the range of blues of all kinds, is an art experiment.
Photo Credit: Xavier Veilhan
– PR –