Apologies, but no events were found.
After unveiling the “Eco yacht” project back in June, Marc Pajot is today announcing a collaboration with the Italian shipyard “WIDER” for the construction of a radically innovative and ecological catamaran superyacht.
The Ancona-based shipyard, headed up by Marcello Maggi, was chosen for the extreme quality of their aluminium Superyachts, but also for their “Born Electric” strategy and their ergonomic vision of interior layouts and comfort on board superyachts.
For ten years now, WIDER has been one of the first to build large environmentally friendly superyachts thanks to a hybrid Diesel-Electric propulsion transmitted by Pod. The pertinance of their concepts has been recognised by numerous awards, including the “RINA Green Plus”. The expertise acquired with specialised partners now enables them to drastically reduce fuel consumption and to envisage a zero-emissions yacht with 100% electric operation within five years.
This first phase of this collaboration also includes the interior design. Centro Stile Wider, under the direction of Michèle Lubrano, is engaged in the study of different layout plans according to the owner’s programme. 3D renderings now reveal the exceptional level of finishes. In addition to the aft VIP Beach club cabins, two charter versions, either with two VIP cabins on the main deck or a huge deck saloon, are being presented. An owner’s suite in one hull or a master suite are also offered as an alternative as well as an interior helm station. The interior layout and style are “custom” and can be adapted to be exclusive and to match the owner’s personality.
The integration of the Wider shipyard with the team of specialists involved in the development of the PAJOT Custom YACHTS Catamaran 110 reinforces the cohesion of this yacht, a real concentrate of new concepts and innovations.
The boomless mainsail concept, which is very simple and safe to use, combined with a diesel-electric Pod powertrain and green energy production, gives this yacht the ability to really move: she’ll be fast, economical, silent and ecological. Under sail and/or motor, average speeds of 15 knots will be easily achievable with a very large range, and total stability, without vibrations and with the comfort of a luxuriously appointed platform of over 200 m². Approaching the coast or the shoreline, the 100% electric powertrain with zero CO2 emissions for 30 miles contributes to well-being on board and corresponds to the future zero-emissions requirements in ports which is on the horizon for 2030.
Six major features and qualities are brought together in the “Eco Yacht” project philosophy, incorporating engineering with art, to achieve the ultimate pleasure on the water, whether for private use or charter.
1 – Economical and environmentally friendly hybrid operation:
- Low drag of catamaran hulls
- Simple and efficient sail propulsion
- Unoiesy propulsion by electric motors and sails
- Service power supplied by hydrodynamic generators
- Service power supplied by a large solar panels area of 70 m² (753 sq ft)
- Long-range diesel-electric propulsion energy
- Electric energy storage for night-time autonomy at anchor
- Zero CO2 emissions coastal sailing over 30 nautical miles
2 – Versatile sailing performance allowing:
- High average speeds under sail and sensations even in light airs
- Safe and stable passage through big seas and strong weather conditions
- Stress-free access to shoal draft areas and shallower port areas
- Extremely simple and economical storage ashore and chocking
3 – Simplicity of use and efficiency of control under sail:
- A simple and reliable carbon rig with the focus on safety, based on 40 years of yachting experience
- A sail plan with innovative lines designed to be handled quickly and serenely with a boomless square-topped mainsail and headsails on furlers
- Automated deck hardware for fingertip manoeuvres with a short-handed crew
- Advanced helm stations equipped with controls for perfect steering control and watchkeeping, increased pleasure at the helm, and the privacy of the guests
- An interior navigation and monitoring station
4 – Spacious and intimate outdoor areas:
- Reception, relaxation and dining areas, forward, aft and on the flybridge, of more than 200 m² (2,150 sq ft)
- Convivial areas and also small, more intimate spaces
- Manoeuvring areas for the crew clearly separated from those of the guests
- Beach club sugarscoops never seen before on a catamaran
5 – A tailor-made interior:
- A living space of more than 200 m² (2,150 sq ft) adaptable according to the wishes and desires of the owner in the spirit of a “Custom Yacht”
- Aft VIP cabins with private terraces or Beach club
- A large master cabin of 22 m² (234 sq ft) on the main deck with private exterior access
- Spacious and totally independent galley and crew quarters
6 – A team of talented, supporting professionals:
- Marc Pajot, a determined leader in the achievement of projects, successfully engaged since his childhood in high-level yachting and experienced in team management. He has designed and developed the boats with which he has shone in the transatlantic fully-crewed and single-handed races such as Elf Aquitaine, and the America’s Cup French Kiss and Ville de Paris. As part of his brokerage activity, he has also been Project Manager for successful boats such as the Wally 100, Tango.
- Nicolas Fauroux, an engineer at the forefront of naval architecture for 40 years. He has made his mark in the world of sailing superyachts, notably with Vaimiti, a 40-metre aluminium sloop, the refit of many classic sailing boats such as Mariska, of the beautiful 15-Metre class. His multiple talents are equalled only by his passion for sailing.
- Franck de Rivoyre and Christophe Larose, structural and rigging engineers who have participated in some of the greatest round the world records on multihulls, with Foncia and Groupama. They have been involved in the multihull yachting industry since its beginnings, and have contributed to the advent of the catamaran as a platform for superyachting. 80% of catamarans over 18 metres have passed through their firm.
- WIDER Shipyard « Born Electric »positioning: The site in Ancôna was a pioneer in the innovation on hybrid, diesel-electric propulsion for large Motor-Yachts. Their Know-how in aluminium construction and the extreme quality of the finishes of their Yachts have been rewarded by RINA « Green Plus » and « Comfort Class » Awards.